In today's world we are no longer looking out for the next man, woman, or child. There once was a time where if a child was acting up or out of line of any sort, the neighbors would step in and discipline or at least get the child in order. To see a woman struggling with her grocery bags was kind of unheard of. There was a gentleman that seemed to appear out of nowhere to assist her with her things. A man that needed a helping hand somehow received it.
But as we all know, times have changed and have changed for the worst. No longer are children being brought up by the community. No longer do we see gentlemen assisting women with anything, and men don't even have a helping and or a pot to piss in if needed.
People are so into themselves and what others can do for them, not what they can do for others. The struggle of today has forced the good mans hand to not have a conscious. The children are running the streets with wreck lace abandonment. Every man, woman, and even child for themselves is the unspoken motto.
Q) How do you feel about this?
A) I personally feel that it is a main ingredient for disaster and self destruction. It is a selfish way of life that we should try to change. It has caused a major setback to all people and is
poison.
Q)Do You consider yourself a Victim of this way of life?
A)At times I have noticed myself thinking just for myself or just the immediate people I know, but I have grown out of that mentality. I am giving back to the community more than I ever have throught volunteer work, feeding the homeless, and giving time to organizations that gives back as well.
Q) What can we do to change this?
A) Giving back to the community, letting them know that they are not left alone in their time of need. Teach the youth the correct way of life and that the easy way out isn't the best way to go. Teach them that hard work is just a test of strength within themselves and is very rewarding in the end.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment